10 Skinny Jeans and Ankle Boots Outfit Ideas
How to wear skinny jeans with ankle boots the right way. There are so many different ways to style skinny jeans for women and ankle boots from casual to dressy outfits. They can be trickier to style than straight-leg jeans or wide-leg jeans which pretty much always go over ankle boots. As skinny jeans can go under or over but don’t alway look great if not done right or the fit’s off. As well as how not to wear skinny jeans to keep the look as flattering as possible. Whether you’re looking for outfit ideas or the best skinny jeans to wear with your ankle boots, these 10 outfit ideas and pants will make the most of this look.
This post contains affiliate links.
Is it ok to wear boots with skinny jeans
Yes, it’s totally ok to wear boots with skinny jeans. They’re a good everyday basic outfit for any time of year and there are so many boot styles and ways to style them whether that’s with flat boots or high heel ankle boots.
I always love to dress up, but I usually end up in a leather jacket and boots!
10 skinny jeans and ankle boots outfit ideas
A lot of these jeans outfits choices are going to come down to personal preference. So whether it’s a classic style or something fashion forward, here are some stylish ways to wear this combination.
- Casual look: skinny jeans, low heel or flat ankle boots and a white tee will always be a classic. It doesn’t matter whether they’re black or brown ankle booties. It’s all about personal style and what coordinates the best with the rest of the outfit.
- Fall outfit: a cute sweater with flat combat boots or boots with a block heel for optimal comfort.
- Edgy & comfortable: skinny jeans, with combat ankle boots and a graphic tee.
- Dressy outfit: high heel ankle boots with a solid dark wash or skinny black jeans with a strapless top, corset top or silk blouse. Pointed toe boots tend to look dressier than round or square toes to work the best for this look.
- For layering: a tank top, black leather jacket, skinny jeans with ankle boots.
- Classic look: black top, black skinny jeans and black boots for a monochromatic and coordinated look. If you don’t want to wear heels, Chelsea boots are a great option to keep the look classic.
- Summer outfit: white jeans with white ankle boots and a t-shirt, tank top or trending Summer top can look bright and fresh. Just make sure the jeans aren’t see-through.
- Cuff it! If your skinny jeans are too long, roll, cuff or double cuff them so that they sit perfectly over the boot.
- Business casual outfit: a pair of skinny jeans in a solid wash with a shirt, blazer and stiletto heel ankle booties.
- Winter casual outfit: a warm puffer jacket, longer length sweater or sweater dress and pair of boots.
How to not wear skinny jeans and ankle boots
Some basic things to consider when it comes to this outfit combo as well as some wrong ways to avoid styling skinny jeans with ankle boots:
- If you go for the pants-tucked-into-boots approach make sure your jeans are long enough to not come out or are short enough to sit clear above the top of the booties.
- Make sure the jeans are the right fit for the boot style e.g. not bagging over the top of the boots.
- Wear your skinny jeans over the top of your boot only if they’re wide enough and long enough.
- As a rule of thumb, you never want the hem of the jeans to interfere with the shaft of the boot. They either need to be a cropped pair of jeans that sits well above them or a longer pair that goes down to pretty much the ground.
- For the illusion of mile-long legs style high heel black booties with black jeans to give the appearance of longer lengths. Wearing different color boots to your jeans will cut your legs off rather than creating the illusion of 1 long line.
Shop the best skinny jeans
These are some of the best skinny jeans for women and ankle boots from designer to luxe for less styles to create this outfits with.