I’m a Las Vegas local, these are my favorite things to see & do at The Venetian Hotel & Resort Las Vegas
Venetian Las Vegas is one of the largest hotels with 4028 rooms in Las Vegas at the heart of the Las Vegas strip. It’s one of the original themed hotels and there’s no shortage of things to do at The Venetian whatever your interests for both day and night. Whether you’re wanting to party all day and all night or relax at the spa and pool, eat at the best restaurants, shop or just take some fabulous photos of your trip. I’ve lived in Vegas for 10 years, was Mrs. Nevada and have done a couple of features for the resort so know the top tips and best things to do at The Venetian resort Las Vegas. Here they are:
This post contains affiliate links.
Explore the outside of the Venetian
As soon as you step foot on the property, whether that’s inside or outside it’s like being transported to another World. It’s escapism at it’s best. I love the heat so one of my favorite spots, especially to take photos for this site is on the bridge. While you’re here, don’t forget to:
- Listen to the bells.
- Take iconic Las Vegas photos. The best spot for photos is on the Rialto bridge or by the gondolas with the tower in the background.
Take a gondola ride
It’s one of the more touristy things to do but it’s also romantic and a total bucket list thing to do.
- Take a gondola ride at the Venetian Las Vegas. You can ride them either inside or outside or just watch and listen to them sing.
Visit St. Mark’s Square
- Watch the free, live Streetmosphere shows that happen normally every 30 minutes from 12-6pm (Mon-Thurs) and 12-7:30pm (Fri-Sunday).
- Have a gelato to cool off from the Vegas heat.
- Grab lunch, dinner or a cocktail and enjoy the people watching.
Dine at The Venetian Las Vegas restaurants
The Venetian Las Vegas restaurants are ever changing with different celebrity chefs like Alan Ji (Mott 32), Emeril Lagasse (Delmonico Steakhouse) and Wolfgang Puck (Cut) coming and going and but some of my favorite award-winning restaurants there include:
- Mott 32 with it’s opulent decor and great Happy Hour.
- Tao for the ambience and incredible sushi, cocktails and Asian food.
- Lavo for their brunch.
- Mercato Della Pescheria for their lobster roll and espresso martini(s).
- Grab one of the best desserts in Las Vegas at Black Tap. Their crazy shakes are just that and big enough to share. Pro tip: book a patio table for the best views overlooking the gondolas and strip.
- If you’re looking to grab and go rather than to dine in one of the Venetian Las Vegas restaurants, grab a dessert(s) to go from Carlo’s bakery.
Go to Tao Beach day club or Tao nightclub
For sun, world class DJ’s, great cocktails and good times. Just don’t forget your sunscreen.
Relax at The Venetian Las Vegas pool
- Have a lazy afternoon by the large pools and hot tubs with some food and drink ready to recharge for the evening.
- For the ultimate luxury experience, rent one of the Venetian cabanas complete with their own plunge pool.
Take lots of photos
There are so many great spots to take photos at both The Venetian Las Vegas and The Palazzo.
- In front of the waterfall in the lobby.
- Pretty much anywhere in the shops upstairs.
- In front of the gondolas outside.
- On one of the bridges inside the Venetian Shoppes.
More things to do at The Venetian hotel Las Vegas
- Book a show.
- Visit Madame Tussauds.
- Shop at the chic boutiques at the Venetian Grand Canal Shoppes and Palazzo including Louis Vuitton, Stuart Weitzman & Kate Spade.
- Make a wish under the wishing tree in the shops.
- Check out the casino if you’re feeling lucky.
- Workout at the fitness centre and health club.
- Make an appointment at their world class Canyon Ranch Spaclub to try one if their detox wraps, facials or body treatments.
Appreciate the architecture
Don’t forget to look up, left, right and pretty much everywhere. There are some stunning hand-painted frescos on the ceilings at the Venetian hotel Las Vegas. As well as archways, statues, bridges and replicas of the main tourist sights in Venice.
Book The Venetian Resort Las Vegas
There are so many different guest rooms and suite accommodations to choose from at various price points. They do fluctuate greatly by when there’s big conventions, events or peak seasons. So if you’re able to be flexible you can look for the best suite rate and get some great deals. Just be aware that all hotels on the strip do charge a resort fee regardless of the room type.
More Palazzo & Venetian Resort Las Vegas Reviews and Tips
Everything you need to know about the Palazzo and Venetian from the pools to their best suites.